Common Mistakes To Avoid When Hiring Electrical Contractors
While changing a light bulb is easy for almost anyone to handle, other electrical jobs require skill and experience for safe and perfect execution. In situations like these, an electrical contractor is mandatory. Professional electricians are well acquainted with the best methods to rectify faulty circuits, set up electrical systems, and other complicated electrical jobs.
Unfortunately, when it comes to choosing an expert for an electrical project, most people make mistakes during the selection process. Not all electricians follow the same standards and ethics, and this makes it easy for errors to creep in while you decide whom to hire.
To help you avoid the basic mistakes that could lead to incomplete or faulty work, JNG Electric Ltd. has put together a list of the most common mistakes people make when hiring electrical contractors.
1. Hiring an electrical contractor before conducting research. With the availability of the internet, you have a wide array of options to consider when hiring a contractor. Therefore, it is prudent to conduct comprehensive research if you want the best electrical technicians.
2. Hiring electricians with no warranties or guarantees. When interviewing contractors, ask if the contractor offers a warranty or guarantee policy. Electrical work can be risky, and in the case of an accident, it may result in massive losses. As a result, there is a need to work with an electrician that provides either a warranty or a guarantee on the work done. In addition, a guarantee is an indicator that the contractor is reputable and accredited to carry out such tasks.
3. Hiring unqualified contractors. Many people make the mistake of hiring electricians without considering their academic qualifications. At times, they also hire friends and relatives so they can pay a lower price for services rendered. However, this does not always end well, as the nature of electrical work requires someone qualified to deliver quality work. As part of your selection process, ask about the academic qualifications of prospective electricians and ask for supporting documents.
4. Failure to get a quotation before hiring the electrician. Failing to discuss costs before enlisting an electrician’s services is another costly mistake people make. Apart from costs, you should also ask about acceptable payment methods before beginning any job.
5. Hiring incompetent electricians. An experienced technician will be in a better position to handle even the most challenging tasks you throw at them. Along with experience, ability and professionalism are crucial factors that make a job a success. By working with an incompetent electrician, chances of errors and accidents increase.
To stay away from these and similar mistakes, reach out to the electrical experts at JNG Electric Ltd. We are a family-owned company of experienced electricians in Regina, SK, and specialize in quality electrical services in the residential, commercial, and agricultural markets. We handle everything from small, time-sensitive improvement projects, to new and large projects. Our expertise helps us get the job done on time, within a budget, and as per your satisfaction.